After a quick drive, with hours of sleep numbered small enough to count on one hand :/, we made it to Bloomington, IN. We spent the evening moving Taylor in to her new appartment and I got to get acquainted with her roomie, Amy. The next morning we had breakfast at the Village Deli, known for their ginormous flapjacks and visited Taylor's friend, Anna's appartment. More moving was accomplished as well as a few shopping trips and a fresh coat of blue nail polish ;) That night we enjoyed a living room picnic, dining on grilled cheese, tomato soup and sweeteas, my new drink :) Come by my place and I'll make you one!! On that balmy night, we enjoyed a walk around the IU campus where Taylor showed me the commemorative rock and tree that was planted in her dad's honor. How cool to be so connected with him! I didn't understand until I saw that tree, why Taylor chose to move so far away. It is a special place, where in a way she can share her college experience with her father. Her memories, his achievements, together. I will always be sad when we have to part, but I'm glad she is in a place where she can feel closer to her dad.
On my final day in Bloomington, we visited the Pour House, a coffee shop remeniscent of TaborSpace and took a walk around IU in the daylight. The tall limestone buildings and the bits of green forest make for a beautiful campus. And the 40,000 students make it a busy one too! We had lunch at WhichWich, a build your own sandwich shop and then it wasn't long before Taylor was driving me to Indi to drop me off at the airport. Our trip had come to a close. We had another amazing trip and just because it's our last year in school doesn't mean our travel-fun is over. We have our whole lives ahead of us to travel all over the world together and focusing on that as I miss my cousin dearly. Can't wait till our next trip cuz! I love you sooo much!!
I made it home safely and am enjoying the weather and the water and Alex ;) There are some things you just can't find anywhere else.
Until next time, Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment